Keywords: Player transfers, transfer application, sanction, permits, moving clubs
Once a transfer application has been granted by the GAA centrally or provincially, a few steps must be taken before a Transfer becomes effective.
For all other applications such as sanctions and permits, the Secretary of the Club you wish to join will guide you on what needs to happen before you can play.
The following article outlines how an admin for the joining Club and/or joining County can complete the transfer application within the GAA Association.
While the guide below deals with an Inter-County transfer, the information listed throughout the application process on Foireann should help guide you for any other transfers, sanctions, or permits relevant to the association.
|IMPORTANT: It is vitally important to familiarise yourself with the relevant processes and rules to ensure your eligibility to play with your new Club. Players who play while ineligible face severe penalties.
Table of Contents
Completing an Application
As this application is an Inter-County Transfer, the joining Club has the responsibility of the last step of the application process.
The Club Admin for the joining club can follow the steps outlined below to complete the application.
1. Navigate to the Administration section
2. Click on the Player Transfer Tab
3. Beside the relevant application, click View to open the application details.
4. Review the information and click 'Complete'
5. A pop-up will appear outlining what will automatically happen in the leaving and joining club upon completing the application.
6. Click Confirm.
7. Click Close.
8. The status of the application will update to 'Complete' and all relevant parties i.e leaving Club, Joining Club and the Player will be notified via email.
What Happens Next
- According to Rule 6.6 (j) of the GAA Official Guide, ‘A Transfer becomes effective on the expiry of the period allowed for an Appeal against the decision on the Transfer application or, if an Appeal is submitted, on the making of a decision on the Appeal and on Rule 2.3 being subsequently complied with.’
- Please be aware that the period allowed for an Appeal is three working days, and Rule 2.3 requires players to be registered at least three days before a game.
- Also, please remember that new members must be manually added to teams in Foireann.
Notes for Joining Club
- The member now appears on your member’s list in Foireann and can be registered in accordance with the GAA’s rules on transfers, membership and registration.
- See Rules 2.3 and 6.6 (j) of the Official Guide, and Articles 5.9 to 5.10 of the Club Constitution.
Notes for Leaving Club
- The member's membership record with your Club in Foireann remains unchanged until the Club or member decides to change it. But please remember, once a Transfer is granted, members who have transferred can no longer play or enjoy Club membership privileges.
- A Club Administrator can hibernate members by following the steps outlined in the link: Hibernating / Un-Hibernating Members