Duplicate Member Detection
The Duplicate Detection Function enables the Club Administrator to search the member database and look for potential duplicate candidates.
The search looks and compares members details such as -
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Address 3
- Date of Birth
- Go to the View Members Page
- Hover over More Actions
- Click Duplicate Detection
- If this is the first time carrying out the search the Duplicate Detection Page will be empty. Otherwise you will see your previous potential duplicate candidates search.
- Click 'Search'.
- The system will run a search, inform you when the search has completed and display the potential candidates.
- Potential duplicates will be numbered in the 'Item' Column, all the 1 candidates are potential duplicates of each other, all the 2 candidates are potential duplicates of each other etc.
- Review each number group, if you discover that there is a duplicate select the member using the check box and click 'Delete'.
- If there are candidates that are not duplicates of each other but just very similar, select the member and click 'Not Duplicate'.
Figure 1 - Duplicate Detection Results
NOTE: Functionality is yet to be released which will enable the Club Administrator to merge two or more duplicate candidates together in to one member. This may be useful in a scenario where a member has had two records, one was used for a club member and the other for a referee. On merging the two members you can continue to store all details within both records.