THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE IS ONLY RELEVANT FOR CLUB ADMINISTRATORS
As a club administrator, you will probably be familiar with the process for managing your Club’s Membership, both from a Membership Subscription (getting paid for Membership) perspective and a Member Registration (with the GAA / LGFA or Camogie Association for eligibility purposes) perspective. Foireann provides you with the tools to manage your club's engagement with your members in an integrated and intuitive process. You can:
Once the 2021 Membership Registration window opens, you can also:
- Register members
- Verify members
All 2020 member data from the Servasport Games Management System has been transferred across to Foireann and therefore there may be some duplicates listed in the new system. Please note that in 2021, the ability to delete members will become available to allow administrators to carry out a data clean-up within their club.
More information regarding registering and verifying members will be released in due course.
The Membership section of Foireann is the starting point for performing any Membership related tasks within the system. Accessing this part of the system will allow Administrators to see the Online Payment and Membership Option panels, and separate Help Guides relating to each can be viewed by clicking the links above, or by accessing the support site at the following address: https://gmssupport.zendesk.com
Below the Online Payments panel, you will see two tabs. The first one will display all the active Membership Options that have been created for the Club. The second tab displays all of the Members associated with your Club. Selecting this tab will allow you to access, review and manage your Club’s Membership.
Please note that Foireann lists all of the people in your club who created a profile for Returntoplay during the summer and also all of the 2020 membership data from the old Servasport Games Management System. Where it has been possible, these records have been matched but there are also duplicate records displayed.
Early in 2021, an exercise to ‘clean-up’ this data will be undertaken, however, to do so now would either remove their membership record from last year (and associated Membership number and membership history) or remove the existing on-line profile that they have been using to submit Health Questionnaires.
The complete list of Members that are visible within the Membership section of Foireann is the starting point for most Administrative functions in clubs.
Used effectively, this list can support almost every aspect of Club activity - such as communications, coach recruitment, fundraising, or even just simply easing administrator workload.
The Members List
To view the member list, click on the ‘Members’ tab within the Membership Section.
The member list comprises of the following:
- Members who have created an online account via the ReturnTo Play system (returntoplay.gaa.ie) and have the club linked to their profile.
- Members who have created an online account via the Foireann system (foireann.ie) and have the club linked to their profile.
- Children/Dependents who have a profile which was created by their parent/guardian and has the club linked to their profile.
- Members who have been migrated from the Servasport Games Management System
- There may be people listed in the member table who are not necessarily members of your club. For example, they created an account to submit health questionnaires on behalf of someone else and are therefore not a club member themselves.
- Please note that there may also be duplicate records for members within your club.
Administrators will be able to delete erroneous membership records once the Membership window has opened and Club Members have had the opportunity to register. Deleting Members now may inadvertently interfere with a members ability to register themselves on-line. This Delete Member option will be introduced in 2021 and GMS Support will assist administrators when working on data clean-up.
Navigating the Member list
The list of Club Members is displayed in nine columns, with each one containing a different piece of information relating to the Member.
Starting left to right, the columns are as follows:
- Name - the first name and surname of the Member
- DOB - the date of birth of the Member
- Contact Details - the home address and email address provided for the Member
- Online Account - indicator highlighting whether the Member has an online account (login) for Foireann
- Club Communications Consent - indicator highlighting whether a Member has provided consent to be communicated with in regards to training, meetings, matches, club notifications
- Additional Club Communications Consent - indicator highlighting whether a Member has provided consent to be communicated with regarding fundraising, social events and merchandise
- Photographic Consent - indicator highlighting whether a Member has provided consent to be photographed
- Medical - indicator highlighting whether a Member has provided medical information
- Membership - this column shows the Membership that a person has. Please note that there may be more than one Membership displayed if they are Members of more than one club (i.e LGFA or Camogie).
There are a number of search filters available to help you narrow down your member search.
Please note that you may have visibility of options which are not relevant to your association.
The following filters are available:
- Member Types
Club Admin (Members who have club administrator privileges)
Member (Members who have been verified by your club)
New Member (Members who have not been verified by your club)
- Membership Status
Registered (Members who are registered for the 2021 season)
Unregistered (Members who are not registered for the 2021 season)
In Progress (Members who have selected a membership option but is yet to make a payment).
Fees Due ( For LGFA & Camogie Clubs only - Fees which are due to the Association)
Awaiting Approval (For LGFA Clubs only - LGFA have to approve club memberships)
Playing (Members who are players for the 2021 season)
Non-Playing (Members who are non-players for the 2021 season)
- Membership Type
Full (For GAA, LGFA and Camogie Clubs)
Youth (For GAA, LGFA and Camogie Clubs)
Social (For GAA and Camogie Clubs Only)
Honourary (GAA Clubs Only)
G4M&O (LGFA Clubs Only)
Gender (Includes Members who have not set their gender within their profile - mainly children)
There are two ways to add members to your club.
Managed by the Member themselves
If a Member wishes to manage their own profile (Personal Data and preferences) then it is advised that the member creates an online account by navigating to the Foireann system and clicking on the ‘Register’ button on the login page. They can also pay for their membership online (if the relevant club has chosen to facilitate this).
Once the member has created their account, within their profile they will be able to associate themselves with the club by adding the club in the Profile page. The administrator can then see the member’s record within the member table and can verify the member (Information on verifying members is outlined HERE).
Managed by the Club Administrators on behalf of the member
If the member chooses not to have an online account and instead completes a paper Membership Form or another process, then the Club Administrator should follow the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to the Membership section.
- Click on the ‘Members’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Add Member’ button.
- Complete the profile on behalf of the member ensuring all details are correct.
- Please confirm with the member their photo consent, medical consent and communication preferences.
- Click ‘Save’ and a record will be created for that member
Club administrators can edit information in a Members Record if necessary to do so. These changes may relate to contact details, communication preferences etc.
Club administrators can do this by following the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to the Membership Section
- Click on the name of the member within the member table
- Make the relevant changes
- Click the ‘Save’ button
NOTE: These profile changes will be published in real-time therefore when a member logs into the system, they will see the changes made by the administrator to their own or their dependents profiles.