Foireann (Foireann.ie) is the GAA’s new online management system replacing what was previously available in the Games Management System - or Servasport - with a brand new, purpose-built, system providing all of the functionality Members and their Clubs’ are familiar with, plus more, in a simple and intuitive manner.
Additional functionality will be introduced over the coming months, all aimed at providing Club Members with a system that allows them to view and manage their own information as well as choose how they want to interact with the Clubs and Teams they are involved in, through an integrated, easy-to-use application. Everything from knowing when training is on to submitting Health Questionnaires; confirming availability for matches, paying Membership Subscription or managing what communications they wish to receive from the Club will all be made available, plus much much more.Manually
Membership Functionality in Foireann
The first major phase of Foireann’s rollout, happening throughout October - December 2020 and delivered via a series of “releases”, focuses on the area of Membership with the new system replacing all three Servasport Management Systems (people.gaa.ie, people.ladiesgaelic.ie and people.camogie.ie) for all Club Membership and Registration activities.
The first release of this phase of Foireann’s rollout provided Clubs with the ability to get set up for administering the Membership & Registration for the upcoming year through the creation of Membership Options and online payment mechanisms.
This next release will start to offer Members the ability to access these Membership options and payment methods, as well as complete their Membership profile.
This help guide aims to assist Club Members with:
- Registering Offline
- Registering with Online Payments
There are two main ways that your club can register members offline.
- Pay Later In Club Option - The membership options that your club has configured is visible and selectable by members and the payment option available is ‘Pay Later In Club’.
- Manually Register Option - The membership options that your club has configured are only selectable by your club administrators and therefore they will register members on their behalf
Pay Later In Club
If your club offers membership options with a payment method ‘Pay Later in Club’, you have the option to choose the membership option that best suits you, completing the relevant steps online, before paying the relevant person directly in your Club at a later date.
Once you have completed the membership order online, you or your child will enter a state of ‘In Progress’ and your club administrator can mark you as ‘Paid’ and register you at a later stage once payment has been received.
For example, if your club offers a student membership and has selected the payment option ‘Pay Later In Club’ within the membership option designer, you can select this option and complete the necessary steps. Once submitted, the administrator can then review this membership and click ‘Mark as Paid’.
The following steps and screenshots outline the process you as a club member, or parent/guardian of a Member will take to register with your club on Foireann.
- Navigate to the Membership Section.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button beside your preferred membership option.
- There are three steps you must complete when selecting a membership option:
- Add Members (which includes you and/or others)
- Consent Forms & Code of Conduct
Within Step 1, Adding Members, choose yourself or the family member which this option applies to.
- Family members names will appear in the dropdown for selection if a family has been set up.
- The number of slots available will depend on how the membership option has been configured.
- Not all slots have to be filled out.
- Click Continue
- Within Step 2, Consent Forms & Code of Conduct, you are asked to review your information (including medical and consent details) and read/agree to the code of conduct.
- You will be able to edit the information listed by clicking on the ‘Edit Profile’ button.
- If the membership option has more than one member listed, the information and code of conduct will need to be reviewed and confirmed for each individual included on the membership order.
Within Step 3, Payment, the relevant payment options will be displayed. The payment options listed will be determined by how the membership option was configured by the Club and any offline registration should have an option to pay later in the club.
Click ‘Pay Later’. A confirmation popup will appear outlining that you must contact your club administrator to complete the payment and registration.
Click the ‘Confirm’ button.
Within your homepage, you will be given a membership record for the 2021 season. Until the Club administrator completes the necessary steps on their side, you will have the ‘Registration In Progress’ status assigned to your record.
These steps, to be completed by your club administrator, include reviewing your membership order and completing the registration on your behalf.
Once your administrator completes these steps, your membership status will update automatically to display a status of ‘Registered’ on your homepage.
By clicking on the membership listing more information will be displayed including the registration date.
NOTE: Any members registered before the 1st of January 2021, will be given the registration date of the 1st of January 2021. Any members registered after the 1st of January 2021, will be given the date which they have been registered on the system.
For example, if a member is registered on the 27th of December, their registration date will be the 1st of January 2021. If a member is registered on the 14th of January, their registration date will be on the 14th of January.
Members will only receive an email confirmation of their registration once they have been ‘verified’ by the Club Administrator.
If your club does not wish to accept online payments nor present club members with an opportunity to submit their own registration details online, your club administrators can manually register members on Foireann.
This means that as a member or parent/guardian, your club administrators will manually register you on Foireann and therefore, the only actions that you need to complete will be whatever your club asks of you, i.e. complete and submit a paper Membership Form.