Any club using 3rd Party Applications to register members can now upload a CSV file generated by the 3rd Party Applications into Foireann.
Similar to how the functionality worked within Servasport, club administrators can export a CSV file including a list of members from a 3rd Party Management System, they can then upload this to Foireann and depending on which action is outlined in the CSV file, the members will be added and registered on Foireann.
The CSV file MUST follow the same layout as the file attached to the bottom of this article. This CSV should be very similar to the CSV file which was previously used in Servasport.
The following fields are listed within the CSV file. The fields which have a '*' listed is required for the upload to be successful:
- Member Action*
- Must be REGISTER, IMPORT
- Irish Forename
- Irish Surname
- Must be formatted FEMALE or MALE
- Must be formatted DD-MM-YYYY
- Must be formatted DUBLIN
- Phone Number
- Must be formatted 4477 OR 00353
- Must be GAA, LGFA or CAMOGIE
- Membership Type*
- Must be FULL, YOUTH, SOCIAL, HONOURARY, G4MNO
- Must be Y or N
- Parental Consent*
- Must be Y or N
- Mandatory if uploading a member under the age of 18.
The screenshot above provides an example of how to register the following members with a GAA club:
- Member Five - Social Non-Player
- Member Six - Full Player
- Member Seven - Youth Player
NOTE: Maximum number of members per CSV is 1000. Anything over this will have to be uploaded in a separate CSV file.
BULK UPLOADING MEMBERS TO FOIREANN
As a club administrator, you can upload a .CSV file to Foireann.
1. Navigate to the Membership Section and within the Members tab, click Bulk Upload Members
2. Drag and drop the CSV file into the box OR click on the cloud icon to browser your device for the file.
3. Once you have selected the CSV file, the system will inform you if the upload has been successful.
4. If you are happy with the file, click Submit. If you have selected the wrong file, you can hover over the file and click the 'bin' icon.
5. Foireann will provide a successful or unsuccessful message when uploaded.
6. A download file containing the results of the upload is available on your device, by opening the file, you will be able to see additional fields including:
- SUCCESS - The member has been registered on Foireann
- FAILED - The member has not been registered on Foireann
- IGNORED - The member has already been registered on Foireann
- Failure Reasons
- Reasons why the upload for that member was not successful i.e missing information, incorrect member type assigned etc.
- Foireann ID
- This can be ignored, it has no relevance to club administrators
- New Membership ID
- This is their new membership ID on Foireann
- Re-linking of their old membership ID/Servasport ID will be made available in the coming weeks.
7. In Foireann, the three members have been registered on Foireann. Each have been given the correct membership type which was outlined in the CSV file.
NOTE: The members will be given a generic membership option called 'Bulk Upload Package', this membership option will not have an amount assigned to it. If you wish to have an amount assigned to each member within Foireann, we suggest manually registering members instead of using the bulk upload functionality.