Club Administrators of GAA clubs and Independent Teams can register teams with the Player Injury Fund (PIF) via the Administrator section available to Club Admins.
Most PIF invoices have been generated automatically however if for any reason i.e. you are a new club/independent team or you need to add additional teams to the Player Injury Fund, you can generate a new invoice.
Before generating a new invoice please ensure the following:
1. The correct teams have been set up in Foireann under the Team section
- While other team details, such as Players, Coaches, Supervisors etc., don't have to be in place for the purposes of PIF, having them does ensure other Foireann functions work effectively, i.e. Events and Return to Play. More information on how to set up teams on Foireann is available via the articles in the Teams section of the Foireann Help Centre.
2. Player Injury Fund Invoices can be paid via a Stripe account, linked to Foireann. More information and guidance on your Club Stripe account and how it works with Foireann can be found in the Stripe section of the Foireann Help Centre.
- The finance team in Croke Park will accept and process EFT payments paid directly to the GAA Player Injury Fund
Generating new PIF invoice
5. Step 2 of the PIF payment process, Confirm Details, is where the total cost, charges per grade level and teams covered will be listed. More information on how PIF fees are calculated is available via the PIF Fees article on the Foireann Help Centre.
ℹ️ NOTE: The email address listed beside 'PIF Contact' will be sent an email copy of the invoice receipt.
NOTE: If you have any queries regarding the fees charged, please email email@example.com for the details.
6. Click 'Next'
7. Within step 3 of the PIF payment process, Payment, there are two options:
- Stripe Account Transfer - Immediate payment provided that you have funds in your Stripe account.
- Save for later- Re-generate the invoice based on the changes made to the teams and make the payment at a later stage.
ℹ️ NOTE: Before paying, please ensure that the teams you have selected are correct.
8. Choose Payment Method
Select 'Pay By Stripe Transfer' in order to pay the Player Injury Fund invoice online, you will need to have enough funds under the available balance in your Stripe. If you don’t have enough funds in your account, you will need to top it up, via a bank card or SEPA transfer or BACS. See the Topping Up Your Stripe Account article on the Foireann Help Centre for more information and guidance.
As soon as the payment has been made, the status of the invoice will update to 'Paid'.
ℹ️ EFT Payment
Select 'Save and Pay Later' in order to save your invoice on Foireann. Your club can then organise an EFT Payment to be paid directly to the GAA Player Injury Fund for the invoice amount. Once the finance team has received the payment, they will manually update your invoice to 'Paid' or 'Part-Paid' depending on how much you have paid.