Keywords: Duplicates Records; Merging Memberships; Removing Duplicates
The following article will demonstrate how to merge duplicate membership records within your club.
If you find it easier as an administrator to manually work through your member list on Foireann to identify duplicates you can do this following the steps outlined below:
1. Navigate to the Membership section of Foireann via the main navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. If you are an Administrator of more than one Club, please select the card for the Club of which you want to merge member records.
3. Within the Member table, find and select the member records you wish to merge.
NOTE: You can only select up to 5 records at any given time when merging member records. If you select more than 5, the merge button will be greyed out.
4. Click the Member Actions button and select ‘Merge’
5. A model will appear providing a clearer view of the records which were previously selected.
6. Now you must select which primary record you wish to keep and which one you wish to merge.
For this example of Shannon, neither records are linked to a family nor have login details to Foireann therefore you would merge based on what profile has the correct information for Shannon (pay close attention to the fields which are highlighted in red)
NOTE: Any member information which is different between the records will be highlighted in red. For example, for Shannon Murphy, the DOB and Address are different. By clicking on the ‘Expand’ button, the full address for the member will be listed.
7. The correct profile for Shannon has the DOB: 12/09/1964 and has the Address 87 Purple Avenue therefore this should be marked as the primary account.
NOTE: If neither of the information in the profiles is correct for the member, or for example, one piece of information is correct and another piece is incorrect, as an administrator you are able to update their profile by clicking on the ‘View Profile In Full’ button.
8. Once you have decided on the primary record, click the ‘Make Primary Record’ button. After doing this, the record of the member will be highlighted with a green border with Primary Record stated at the top.
NOTE: You can undo the primary record by clicking ‘Undo Primary Record’ if you selected the wrong record.
9. After selecting the primary record, select any other records which you wish to merge into the primary record by clicking ‘Merge Into Primary Record’. After doing this, the record of the member will be highlighted with a blue border with Ready for Merge stated at the top.
10. Click Merge
11. A warning message will appear to outline what information will be merged into the primary record.
12. Once happy, tick the box beside the ‘Confirm’ button
13. Click Merge.
Shannon's record after the merge when logged in as the club administrator.