Keywords: Change ownership; Stripe; change representative;
The following article will outline what steps need to be taken to change the ownership of your club’s Foireann-linked Stripe account. Following your club’s AGM, you may need to update the individuals assigned to the roles listed below. Depending on which role needs re-assigned, the instructions on how to do this varies.
Before we dive into the instructions, we have provided a brief overview of the different possible roles which individuals within your club have been assigned within your Foireann-linked Stripe account:
Within your Foireann-linked Stripe account, there are three possible roles:
- Owner/Administrator - This would be the individual who set up the Stripe account via Foireann. Every Foireann-linked Stripe account will have one Owner/Administrator listed.
- Company (Club) Representative - This individual is nominated to act as the primary contact for Stripe. This role is optional and therefore depending on how your club’s Foireann-linked Stripe account was set up, you may not have an individual assigned to this role.
- Additional Owner - Company (Club) representative who acts as another contact point if the primary Club representative is not contactable. This role is optional and therefore depending on how your club’s Foireann-linked Stripe account was set up, you may not have an individual assigned to this role.
How to change Company (Club) representatives?
If your club needs to re-assign the Company (Club) Representative and Additional Owner role, then the Owner/Administrator for the Foireann-linked Stripe account can make the necessary changes.
To do this, please ask the Owner/Administrator to follow the instructions outlined below:
1. Navigate to the Administration section via the navigation menu on the left-hand side of the system.
2. Within the Online Payments tab, click the button listed under ‘Manage Account’
3. A pop-up will display explaining that you will now be redirected to Stripe. After reading the information, click Confirm.
4. A 6 digit verification code will be sent to the phone number which was linked when creating the Foireann-linked Stripe account.
5. After entering the 6 digit verification code, you will gain access to your club’s Foireann-linked Stripe account. Within the homepage, you will be able to see a summary of earnings and activities.
6. Click on the Account button in the top right-hand corner.
7. Under the ‘Payout and Professional Details’ section, click on ‘Foireann Settings’.
8. The following information will be displayed:
- Business (Club) Details
- Management and Ownership
- Individuals listed as the Owner/Administrator, Company (Club) Representative and Additional Owner.
- Payout Details
- Details of the designated bank account which is linked to receiving payouts from your Foireann-linked Stripe account.
9. To change the Company (Club) Representative and/or Additional Owner, click on the Pencil Icon beside their name.
10. Scroll to the bottom of the form outlining the individual's details and click ‘Remove as Account Representative’.
How to change Owner/Administrator on a Foireann-linked Stripe Account?
If your club needs to re-assign the Owner/Administrator listed on your Foireann-linked Stripe Account then either the Company (Club) Representative and/or the new Owner/Administrator will need to contact Stripe Support to transfer ownership of the account.
Stripe will then call the Company (Club) Representative to verify and gain authorisation to transfer the ownership. By doing this, the phone number which receives the 6 digit verification code can also be updated.
If both the Company (Club) Representative and Owner/Administrator are no longer associated with the club and are otherwise not accessible, Stripe will need to receive a letter on a club letterhead and should come from an official GAA/LGFA/Camogie email address and provide the following details:
- Business (Club) name
- Business (Club) address
- Name and Date of Birth of Previous Owner/Administrator (The individual who set up the Stripe account).
- Name and Date of Birth of current Owner/Administrator
- New Owner Administrator’s email address
Once the letter is received and meets Stripe’s requirements, a call will be made to the newly appointed Company Representative to verify them. Following this verification, Stripe will transfer ownership to the new Owner Administrator user and the phone number required for the verification code can be changed as part of this process.
Stripe can be contacted via the 'Get Help' button within your Foireann-linked Stripe account homepage or by navigating to the following link: