Keywords: code of conduct; additional information; membership options; club-specific questions;
The following article will provide a club administrator with the relevant information on how to capture additional information from your members when buying a membership option on Foireann. This could include your club's code of conduct, club-specific questions i.e how would you like to help out with the club etc.
Within each membership option, club administrators can ask questions or present statements to their members to capture additional information.
For example, a club may wish to request that all club members agree to the club’s code of conduct before purchasing a membership or simply collect information from their members regarding helping out with the club, kit size, lotto numbers etc.
These questions can be as club-specific as you wish however please be mindful of GDPR guidelines when requesting additional information from your members.
To do this, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Navigate to the Membership section of Foireann via the main navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. If you have more than one Club listed within your profile, you will need to select the Club in which you wish to update the membership options.
3. Click on the Membership Options tab.
4. Click ‘Edit’ to capture additional information with an existing membership option or add a new membership option using the ‘Add Membership Option’ button.
5. Within the membership option, under the Payment Options section, you will see 'Capture Additional Information.'
6. Click the 'Add Question' button. Two boxes will appear:
- 1st box will show you what the question will look like to the club member.
- 2nd box will help you construct the question
7. In the 2nd box, you will see 4 fields:
- Question Text - What do you want to ask your club members? (Mandatory Field)
- Type of Answer - How do you want your club members to answer? (Mandatory Field)
- Text - Members can type their answers.
- Single Choice - Members can only select one answer.
- Multiple Choice - Members can select multiple answers.
- Link to Additional Information - You can add a link where the member can find additional information. For example, a link to the club's code of conduct on the club website. (Optional Field).
- NOTE: The link must start with https:// or http:// or mailto://
- Is an answer required for this question? - Does the member have to answer this question in order to buy this membership (Mandatory Field)
8. Click Save
NOTE: You can add up to a maximum of 5 questions per membership option. Each membership option could have different questions (this is completely up to your club).
9. When a club member selects the membership option, the questions created will appear within Step3: Additional Info.
10. When a member has registered with the membership option, the questions and answers will be listed within their membership. To view this information, click on the membership chip beside the member’s record.
You can export this information to a CSV file by following the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to the Payments Tab in the Membership section.
- Click on the three columns button in the top right-hand corner of the table (see screenshot attached.
- Tick the checkbox beside the additional information option (see screenshot attached).
4. Once you have selected this, you can use the Cloud button to download this information into a CSV file.