Keywords: vetting application;
This article will outline how the National Children’s Officer Association Liaison Person can process a vetting application that has been validated by the Club Children's Officer.
HOW THE NATIONAL CHILDREN’S OFFICER ASSOCIATION LIAISON PERSON PROCESSES A VETTING APPLICATION
Please see the details outlined below on how the National Children Officer Association Liaison Person can review, upload to the Garda system, and accept or reject an application.
1. Log in to Foireann
2. Navigate to the Administration section within the left-hand side menu.
3. Click on the Vetting Applications tab.
- Any vetting applications submitted by members within the Association will be listed in this tab for the Association Liaison Person to review.
4. Click on the View button beside the application you wish to review/validate.
5. Review the details of the applicant and the documents which they have submitted.
- At this point, the Association Liaison Person can reject the application before sending it on to the Garda National Vetting Bureau (NVB).
6. Click the 'Download Garda JSON File'.
7. Click the 'Download File' button to download any applications which are in the status 'Awaiting Review'.
8. Upload the JSON file to the Garda system.
9. The NVB system will provide a results file that needs to be re-uploaded to Foireann. To do this, click on the 'Upload Garda Reference' button.
10. Click on the 'Upload Document', and add the file which you have downloaded from the NVB system.
11. Click the 'Upload Garda Reference' button.
12. The status of the application will update to 'Application in Progress'.
13. Click 'View' so you can record if the NVB system has found any findings regarding the applicant.
14. The finding's column will update depending on what was selected in the previous modal.
15. Click View again to either Reject the Application or mark it as Complete.
- Rejecting the Application - Both the applicant & the Club Children's Officer will get an email regarding the rejected application.
- Completing the Application - You have the option to automatically send the completion email to both the applicant and the Club Children's Officer.
16. The status column will update to 'Completed' within the Association Liaison Person view, the Club's Children's Officer view and the qualifications & vetting tab within the applicant's profile.