Keywords: change card details; expired card; change payment method;
This help article will outline how a member or parent/guardian can change the payment method linked to a subscription on Foireann.
If for any reason you need to change the payment method which is linked to online registration for yourself or a family member, you can now update the card details on Foireann so that future payments do not fail.
For example, the card may have expired, it may have been declared lost or you may have changed banks. Regardless of the reasoning, you can now update this information on Foireann.
HOW TO CHANGE THE PAYMENT METHOD LINKED TO AN ONLINE REGISTRATION?
Please see the details outlined below on how a club member or parent/guardian can change the payment method linked to online registration.
1. Navigate to the Profile section of Foireann via the main navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Click on the Subscriptions tab. Any subscriptions which have been taken out for yourself or your family members will be listed here if correctly linked to your account.
3. Click the Manage Payment Methods button at the top right-hand side of the table. This will display all of the current cards which are linked to your account.
4. Click the New button. A message will display informing you that you are being redirected to Stripe to add a new payment method.
5. Click the Continue button.
6. Enter your new card details via the fields provided and click Save Card. You will then be redirected back to Foireann.
7. Click the Change Payment Method button beside the subscription you wish to update.
8. The recently added payment method will now be listed for you to choose alongside the current card in use. Tick the checkbox beside the new payment method and click Update Subscription.
9. You can then click the Change Payment Method button again and you will see that the payment method you have selected is now the current payment method for that subscription.
10. If you wish to delete any expired or unwanted payment methods, you can click the Manage Payment Methods button and click the bin icon beside the card you wish to remove.
NOTE: If you have missed any failed payments prior to changing the payment method, once updated to the new payment method the card will be automatically charged for the missed payment.
For example, you have a subscription that takes payment on the 5th of every month, you missed last month's payment due to an expired card. You update your details on Foireann on the 30th of the month and the missed payment for the 5th is automatically taken. Your next instalment payment will still be taken on the 5th of the next month.
Please note that instalments are only available for clubs in Ireland, UK, Austria, Finland, Spain and the Netherlands