Keywords: refund membership; refund; club to member refund; refund request;
This help article will outline how Club Administrator can refund a single online membership payment back to a Club Member via Foireann.
Refunds can only be processed by a Club Administrator if:
- The membership has been paid online via Foireann.
- The membership is a single online payment and not a part of an instalment subscription.
- The Association, Province and County fees have not been paid for this membership.
If a refund and cancellation are required for an instalment subscription, a representative of the club must contact Foireann Support via an official GAA/LGFA/Camogie/Handball email address or as long as they are an administrator on Foireann for that unit, they can contact us via the contact us form.
When requesting an instalment cancellation and refund on behalf of a member, please ensure that the following information is provided:
- The name of the member(s) involved in the membership
- If possible, provide the receipt number of the payment
- If refunds are required - how much is to be refunded.
If the registration fees for the membership have already been paid to the Association, Province and County, then the club will need to contact the relevant Association and request a refund for the registration fees paid by the club, if required.
- LGFA - email@example.com
- Camogie - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Handball - email@example.com
The club can then contact the Foireann Support team and we can refund the membership payment back to the member via their original payment method.
REFUNDING A SINGLE ONLINE PAYMENT ON FOIREANN
Please see the details outlined below on how to refund a single online payment made by a club member on Foireann:
1. Navigate to the Membership section of Foireann via the main navigation menu on the left-hand side menu.
2. Within the member’s table, find the member who you wish to refund.
3. Click on the Membership which you wish to revoke and refund.
4. If you simply wish to revoke the membership and not provide a refund, please click the ‘Revoke’ button.
5. If you wish to revoke and refund the online payment, please click the Issue Refund button.
6. An overview of your Club’s Foireann-linked Stripe account will be displayed and a breakdown of the refund will be provided.
NOTE: Refunding an online payment linked to a membership will revoke all memberships on the order. This means that if more than one member is listed in the membership, then all memberships are revoked as they are linked to one payment.
7. Click Confirm
8. The membership will no longer be listed beside the member's record. The member will receive an email to let them know that the membership has been revoked.
NOTE: A record of this refund will be listed in the Administration section of Foireann within the Payment History tab.