Keywords: vetting application;
This article will outline how an individual can submit a vetting application for themselves or on behalf of a child.
The vetting process contains 4 steps:
- The Applicant submits their Gaelic Games Vetting Invitation Form and the relevant ID documentation (passport/driver's licence and utility bill no more than 6 months old) to verify their identity, along with a signed copy of the Gaelic Games Vetting ID Validation Form. This is a mandatory requirement by the National Vetting Bureau (NVB).
- The Club Children Officer reviews the application and verifies the approved documentation provided to prove the identity of the applicant. The ID documentation must total 100 or more points to meet the requirements of the NVB and show: Your name, Your date of birth, Your address, and Your photograph. A signed copy of the Gaelic Games Vetting ID Validation Form is also a mandatory requirement. If the information is incorrect your application will be rejected and returned to you to be resubmitted.
- If validated by the Club's Children Officer, the application is submitted to the Association Liaison Person who forwards the application between the Association and the Garda to the NVB.
- The NVB will issue the applicant an email with a link to complete the NVB Vetting Application Form. This will be issued to the email address you provided in your Gaelic Games Invitation Form.
What if the vetting applicant is under 18 yrs. of age?
The same process will apply if a person is 16 or 17 years old and is applying for vetting. The above steps are to be completed by a parent or guardian on behalf of their child. The application shall be in the child’s name. In addition to the ID step the child is not required to provide proof of address but must provide a Photo ID, the signed Gaelic Games Vetting ID Validation Form and a signed copy of the parental consent form (NVB Parent/Guardian Consent Form) must be completed.
The details entered on your Gaelic Games Invitation Form will be emailed back to you, for your own records. Your Club Children’s Officer will also receive an email informing him/her that you have applied as a member of the club, to be issued with the NVB Vetting Application Form.
Please see the details outlined below on how a club member can submit a vetting application on Foireann.
- Login to Foireann
- Navigate to the Profile section within the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the Qualifications & Vetting tab.
- Click the ‘Apply to be Vetted’ button.
NOTE:If no 'Apply to be Vetted' button is listed then you need to add your DOB to the main profile on Foireann.Only when a DOB is listed in the main profile of the account, the 'Apply to be Vetted' button will appear.
- NOTE: You are required to have only one vetting application in flight at one time.
If you are submitting an application on behalf of your child, then you need to navigate to the Family section, click the 'Edit' button beside the member's record and click on the Qualifications & Vetting tab.
- NOTE:If no 'Apply to be Vetted' button is listed for your child then you need to add your DOB to the main profile on Foireann.Only when a DOB is listed in the main profile of the account, the 'Apply to be Vetted' button will appear.
5. For the Gaelic GamesE-Vetting invitation Form, there are 2 steps:
- Uploading Documents and Gaelic Games Vetting ID Validation Form
6. Within the application step, there are two sections:
- Please review your details carefully. These details are taken from your profile within Foireann. Your Gaelic Games E-Vetting invitation Form will be rejected if your information is incorrect.
- If you need to make any changes, you can do so by clicking on the ‘Your Profile’ button within the blue information box.
NOTE: You MUST have your Date of Birth listed in your profile in order to be vetted. If you do not have a Date of Birth, the field will be highlighted in red to indicate this.
- Please select your club from the Club dropdown list. If your club is not listed, you will need to add the club to your profile for it to appear in the dropdown for selection.
- The Association field will be automatically populated unless your club is listed as a OneClub on Foireann, then you will need to select the appropriate Association from the dropdown.
- Please select the Role which closely matches the role you have been allocated from the dropdown list.
- Tick the checkboxes beside the two statements at the bottom of the form, to acknowledge that the information provided is correct and that you consent to the making of the application and to the disclosure of information by the National Vetting Bureau.
- Click ‘Next: Upload Your Documents’ to proceed to the next step.
7. In the blue information box, you will see a here link which will provide you with the information you need regarding documentation upload.
NOTE: The form within the here link needs to be printed, signed and re-uploaded to Foireann. This form must be in a jpeg, jpg or png format.PDF format is not acceptable.
8. Click the ‘upload documents button and upload the signed GAELIC GAMES VETTING ID VALIDATION FORM as well as the documents to validate your identity.
- You have to upload a minimum of 2 documents(Photo ID and proof of address) to verify your identity. There is also a maximum limit of 10 documents to be uploaded per application.
NOTE: TheGaelic Games Vetting ID Validation Form as well as the documents to verify your identity must be uploaded in a jpeg, jpg or png format. PDF format is not acceptable.
9. Upon uploading the documents, you can delete or change the documents if required before you submit the vetting application.
10. ClickSubmit Vetting Application.
Your vetting application has been submitted for review. Both you and the Club’s Children Officer will receive an email regarding your submission. As an applicant, you have completed your part in the vetting process.
The next step is for the Club’s Children Officer to review. You must then await an email with a link to complete the NVB Vetting Application Form. This will be issued to the email address you provided in your Gaelic Games Invitation Form.
Once your application has been through the vetting process, if accepted, then the Qualifications & Vetting tab will update to display
Article is closed for comments.