Club Administrators of GAA clubs and Independent Teams can register teams with the Player Injury Fund (PIF) via the new Administrator section now available to Club Admins. More Admin specific functionality will be added/moved here in the future but for now, only functionality specific to PIF is in this section. It's also worth noting that, any time a PIF invoice is due, it will be highlighted via an Admins Home page on Foireann, with a link to bring you straight to the invoice payment process.
All clubs are asked to review their invoices and adjust where necessary the number of participating teams for the current season.
- All Teams MUST be set up in Foireann in order to be added to a PIF invoice. Each team must be listed in the Teams section along with its correct suffix, activity and age level detailed. While other team details, such as Players, Coaches, Supervisors etc., don't have to be in place for the purposes of PIF, having them does ensure other Foireann functions work effectively, i.e. Events and Return to Play. More information on how to set up teams on Foireann is available via the articles in the Teams section of the Foireann Help Centre.
- Player Injury Fund Invoices can be paid via a Stripe account, linked to Foireann. More information and guidance on your Club Stripe account and how it works with Foireann can be found in the Stripe section of the Foireann Help Centre.
- The finance team in Croke Park will accept and process EFT payments paid directly to the GAA Player Injury Fund
Paying PIF Invoice
1. Navigate to the Administration section via the main navigation on the left of the screen or click on the View button on the homepage. If your profile is associated with more than one Club, select the Club you want to make a PIF payment for to go to the Player Injury Fund section for that Club.
2. Click on the Edit & Confirm button beside the 2021 invoice to start the PIF payment process.
ℹ️ NOTE: The invoice outlines the cost based on the teams which are currently listed in the team section on Foireann.
3. Step 1 of the PIF payment process, Select Teams, all teams will be automatically selected. You need to deselect the checkboxes beside the teams you do not wish the Player Injury Fund to cover for this season.
Only GAA teams, listed under the Teams section of Foireann, will be available here for selection. Any missing teams can be created by clicking on the 'Manage Teams in Your Club' button.
ℹ️ Managing Teams
Upon clicking the 'Manage Teams in Your Club' button, you will be directed to the Teams section whereby you can add any additional teams which are not listed in the Player Injury Fund section.
4. Once you have ticked the teams you which to be covered by the Player Injury Fund within Step 1 of the PIF payment process, Select Teams, click 'Next'
5. Step 2 of the PIF payment process, Confirm Details, is where the total cost, charges per grade level and teams covered will be listed. More information on how PIF fees are calculated is available via the PIF Fees article on the Foireann Help Centre.
ℹ️ NOTE: The email address listed beside 'PIF Contact' will be sent an email copy of the invoice receipt.
6. Click 'Next'
7. Within step 3 of the PIF payment process, Payment, there are two options:
- Stripe Account Transfer - Immediate payment provided that you have funds in your Stripe account.
- Save for later- Re-generate the invoice based on the changes made to the teams and make the payment at a later stage.
ℹ️ NOTE: Before paying, please ensure that the teams you have selected are correct.
8. Click the 'Pay By Stripe Transfer' button.
8. Click the 'Pay' button
In order to pay the Player Injury Fund invoice, you will need to have enough funds under the available balance in your Stripe. If you don’t have enough funds in your account, you will need to top it up, via a bank card or SEPA transfer. See the Topping Up Your Stripe Account article on the Foireann Help Centre for more information and guidance.
9. Once you have paid for your invoice, the status will update and an email copy of the invoice receipt will be sent to the email address listed as the PIF Contact on the Invoice.