Keywords: Player transfers, transfer application, sanction, permits, moving clubs
The following article outlines how a member can create a transfer application within the GAA Association. While the guide below deals with an Inter-County transfer, the information listed throughout the application process on Foireann should help guide you for any other transfers, sanctions, or permits relevant to the association.
The following applications can be facilitated within Foireann:
- Inter-County Transfers
- Intra-Provincial Transfers
- Sanctions: USGAA, New York, Canadian & J1
- Weekend Authorisations
- European Student Permits
- Inter-County Hurling Permits
It does not apply to transfers within a County which continue to be processed by each County
|IMPORTANT: It is vitally important to familiarise yourself with the relevant processes and rules to ensure your eligibility to play with your new Club. Players who play while ineligible face severe penalties.
Table of Contents
Creating and filling out an application
1. Navigate to the Profile section
2. Click on the Player Transfers tab
3. Click on the 'Create New Application' button
|NOTE: Via the Player Transfer tab, a player can view the status of any in-progress applications or review any completed ones done on Foireann.
4. The 'Player Details' section of the application will be pre-populated with information from your profile. If any of these details are incorrect, please click the 'Update Profile' button within the blue information box at the bottom of the section.
5. The next section of the application is selecting the leaving and joining club.
For the 'Transfer From' field, choose the club you wish to transfer from.
|NOTE: Only Clubs listed in your profile will be available in the dropdown. If the Club you wish to transfer from is not listed, please add it to your profile.
If you cannot find the Club you wish to join or leave after searching for it, please contact the Secretary of the Club you wish to join.
If the club you are transferring from is a OneClub, you will be required to select the Association from the next dropdown. If the club is not a OneClub, the Association field will be populated for you.
For the 'Transfer To' field, select the County from the dropdown and within the 'Clubs' field, a list of available clubs in that County will be present for you to select.
6. The type of transfer will automatically be detected depending on the transferring from and transferring to clubs listed in the section above.
7. If you wish, you may put in a reason for the application, however, this is optional for GAA Applications (This may vary for LGFA and/or Camogie applications).
Once you are happy with the details entered, click the 'Submit' button to move on to the next stage of the application.
Adding Supporting Documents
Depending on the transfer type, this section may vary slightly in what is what information and documents are requested to support the application.
8. The 'Previous Address' section will be automatically populated with the details from your profile. If any of these details are incorrect, please make the relevant changes and ensure that all mandatory fields (marked with a red asterisk) are filled out.
9. Please enter the details of your current address, again, please ensure that all mandatory fields (marked with a red asterisk) are filled out.
10. Please enter the number of months in the new Residence.
11. Please enter the details (Game, Date and Grade) of your last Football and/or Hurling Championship game.
If these questions do not apply to you, please ensure to tick the 'Not Applicable' option.
12. Lastly, you may declare for your Home County if you wish. If you would like to declare your Home County, then please tick the checkbox on the form. Otherwise, please leave this checkbox unticked.
Once you are happy, click the 'Review' button.
Reviewing and Submitting an application
The final step of the application form is reviewing and confirming the details entered are correct before submitting the application.
13. If any changes are required, please click the 'Change' button beside each section and make the relevant updates.
|NOTE: Once an application is submitted, it cannot be edited therefore please ensure all details entered are correct at the time of submission.
14. Once you are happy with the details, tick the checkbox 'I declare the information in my application is true' and click 'Submit'
15. Once the application has been submitted, you will receive an email summarising the next steps in the process. Please also familiarise yourself with the approval process of your application.
What Happens Next
As mentioned above, you will receive an email outlining your application submission.
You will also be able to keep track of your application as it moves through the approval process. If you navigate to the 'Player Transfers' tab in your profile, you can review any in-progress applications and see what step the application is at.
|NOTE: If your application seems to be delayed, please contact the Secretary of the Club you wish to join. Neither Foireann Support nor the GAA centrally can expedite the approval process.
The application will work its way through the approval steps, and the relevant administrators will receive an email notifying them that an application is awaiting their review/decision.
Once a final decision is made, you will be notified via email and advised on the next steps.